Our accountants are accessible and friendly, which means you can easily find solutions to your financial questions. We make it our business to make your business more successful, so come to see us for a consultation.
Liquidations can be instigated either via shareholder’s or Court appointment.. At Patel & Co we carry out both forms of liquidations.
At Patel & Co we believe financial and strategic management accounting (and controls) is an integral part of any successful business.
TAX / IRD
We have an excellent up to date knowledge on all matters relating to taxation within New Zealand and additionally we also provide taxation services for overseas tax jurisdictions.
Avoid losing money to clients that have not paid for your goods and services.
- Pritesh Graduated from the University of Queensland (Australia) in 1982.
- He commenced his accounting career with PKF Chartered Accountants (Brisbane-Australia) in the insolvency field.
- In 1987 Pritesh started with NZ CA firm Spicer & Oppenheim specializing in Insolvency.
- An opportunity arose to further his tax experience and a further 8 Years was spent as a tax investigator with Inland Revenue Department.
- From 1995 to 2004 Pritesh was in the retail sector.From 2005 to current his practice Patel & Co provides accountancy services and undertakes insolvency assignments.
- Pritesh has been a Liquidator of over 350 Companies in New Zealand both court appointed and shareholders voluntary appointments.
- Pritesh has also appeared as an expert witness in High court civil matters mainly for Loss Quantification work.
- Pritesh hails from Fiji and is the youngest of in the family of siblings who are all university graduates. His father was the first Indian Aeronautical / Mechanical engineer to graduate out of a university in New Zealand in 1951 and was also a Member of Parliament (Senator) in the Fijian Government.
- Pritesh supports a number of charitable organizations both in New Zealand & Pacific Islands.
- Pritesh is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
- Harvindar graduated from University of Northumbria in Newcastle (UK) in 2014 with Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB).
- She is originally from Malaysia with a legal background of more then 20 years of experience.
- Harvindar joined Patel & Co in October 2018 and is assisting Mr. Patel with Company Liquidation, Receivership’s, Analysis and Secretarial work on Insolvency assignments .
- Over the years she has gained valuable experience working in Malaysia in the legal fraternity before moving to New Zealand.
- Apart from English, she is fluent in Hindi, Punjabi and Malay languages.
- In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, traveling, and cooking with her family